Seanne N. Murray
No More Excuses!
I'll make this short and sweet.
Did you think I was talking about me?
Well, I am, though some would say I’m a “beast”, a beast for doing good, that is!
Here’s the deal.
IT'S OFFICIAL !
I was inducted onto the board of Cure Violence Global: https://cvg.org/murray-kanis-join-board/.
WHAT IS IT?
Cure Violence is the 9th ranked NGO innnnnn the WORLD!
Cure Violence Global, and I quote, “helps communities to implement violence prevention programs that reduce violence significantly”.
CVG’s violence prevention public health methodology applies evidence-based public health epidemic-reversal strategies to:
1. Detect and interrupt (i.e., prevent) potentially violent situations,
2. Identify and change the thinking and behavior of the highest risk transmitters (i.e., those most likely to engage in violence), and
3. Change group norms that support and perpetuate the use of violence.”
The Cure Violence™ Approach has the strongest evidence of effectiveness for violence prevention. Today, there are eight evaluations and more than a dozen studies and reports showing a large impact on violence.
DOWN 45% violent crime (Trinidad & Tobago)
DOWN 63% shooting (New York City)
DOWN 30% shootings (Philadelphia)
DOWN 48% shooting — in first week of program (Chicago)
See for yourself: https://cvg.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Cure-Violence-Evidence-Summary.pdf
STILL NOT CONVINCED?
The Economist is!
They termed the Cure Violence method “the approach that will come to prominence”.
Jump on board, buddy!
There are NO MORE EXCUSES.
1. Share this good news everywhere. THERE IS A CURE TO VIOLENCE!
2. Call me! Email me! Get in touch!
3. Let’s figure out how YOU can support putting an end to violence with US.
We’re waiting! Let’s go!